Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Somethings Gotta Give

My friend was going on an Internet "first date" last night. She was already telling me that he might not be "the one" before she even met him. I told her that nothing is ever perfect. She needs to stick to her must haves, but pick her priorities carefully. Maybe he won't be as tall as she wants, there are a lot of great short guys. Or, maybe he wont be as rich, but he may be comfortable and be a wonderful mate. Or he might not have as much "edge" as she wants, but he may value her as an equal partner and not try to control her. He may not have all the "toys" but he's willing to commit. What's the upside?
My point is somethings gotta give. Give a guy a chance! If you don't get to know someone, how are you going to find out their good qualities? If we were like that when we were young we would've never married in the first place. Nobody would've measured up. We're smarter now, and we won't settle, but there is a fine line there. You don't have to settle, but compromise is a must.

1 comment:

Tiff said...

So true...My husband was not my type at all...we met on the net..shorter then I like, lived in a different state, and shaves his head...(i was always a longer hair freak) but I gave him a chance and I am sooooooooo happy I did!! :)